Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I'm back!!


It feels like forever since I've written on this blog. 3 years to be exact!! I'm 25 now (which isn't really that much of a difference) and live in Canada, but over the past 3 years a lot has happened in my life which has helped me grow and mature more. I learned to see things from a different perspective, appreciate people more, not allow myself to be influenced by others, think more before acting, stand up for what I believe... I'm sure that 3 years from now I'll be a whole lot better, but until then I'm going to work with what I have.

Well as you know, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE organizing, decorating, designing and creating stuff! That hasn't changed, and I've actually been up to a few things since I've been gone that I want to share with you. As you also know my husband is a pastor, which means that I don't do this all day. I work alongside him, helping the women and kids in our church mainly. I actually dedicate 1 or 2 days a week at the most to get all my housework done and work on any project I have at home or in the church (I love being creative in the church too BTW). That also means I'm on a budget, so you will see that my tips and ideas are pretty inexpensive.

I decided to write this post today at the last minute and not wait any longer, so I don't have the material ready to post on here yet. In the mean time, I'm going to share with you a quick and easy recipe that I'm in love with for well over a year now and I never get tired of! I don't make it every week obviously because it isn't light on calories but, if you're looking for a quick and easy recipe to go with a simple salad on the side, this is one I totally recommend!



Blue Cheese and Onion Quiche

Ingredients

9" pie crust (I like using Pillsbury. You get 2 in a box)
a little bit of mustard
100g butter
1 large onion cut in thin slices
3 eggs (beaten)
250ml heavy cream
150g blue cheese (crumbled)
salt & pepper to taste
1tsp flour
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese

Method
Prep. Time - 15mins 
Baking Time - 35mins
Ready in - 50mins

1. Preheat oven to 425F (230C). After the pie crust has defrosted, unroll it and line it in a pie dish. Make sure the dough goes all the way up on the sides of the dish. Brush a thin layer of mustard over the crust.

2. In a frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion slices and saute over medium heat until slightly transparent (about 5mins). I a bowl, mix the heavy cream with eggs and add salt and pepper to taste.

3. Add the onions (make sure to scrape in all the juice in the pan too), parmesan cheese and the flour to the mix. Mix well until everything has blended together. Pour the mix over the pie crust and then top with the crumbled blue cheese.

4. Bake for 35mins or until golden on top. Rest for 10mins before serving.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment