Thursday, February 2, 2012

Reinvent your small bathroom on a budget




I found a great way to turn your small bathroom into a polished, serene space.

To achieve this modern look, the owners used a color scheme of soft green, white and brown.




Total cost: $2,069










The serene, soft green paint visually expands the small room, and the white sink, towels, and robe are crisp counterpoints to the green walls. A rich brown vanity, framed mirror, and stainless steel accents add style.




A nightstand was repurposed as a vanity in this bathroom. It's a sophisticated alternative to a stock vanity and offers the look of a higher-end model for a fraction of the price. The nightstand drawer is still functional and can be used to store small items. A large above-counter sink minimizes splashing, and the nightstand was treated with a lacquer finish to make it water-resistant.













Removing bulky linen closet doors helped open up the small bathroom and keep items accessible. Towels, cosmetics, etc. can be stored in baskets to prevent the open storage from looking cluttered.


11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful simple and unique.

    Thanks Andreia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andreia,

    This is great! I find interesting keeping items in baskets. I will visit this blog more often, that way I will be able to learn more of your tips.
    Missing you here in London.

    Besos,

    Carmen (FPK)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Carmen!

    What a surprise to read a message from you! My husband and I can never forget all of you in London. We had some good times there :)

    Send our regards to everyone in the Spanish services and in FPK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andreia,

    How are you? I watched you this evening.... you're a natural. Nice to see you again! :)

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lilly!

    I'm doing good thank you, how about you?
    We've moved to our church in Laredo now so I won't be seeing you as often, but we can always communicate online :)

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello to you Andreia,

    What? Laredo? I didn't know. That's about 5 hours going south, isn't it?

    I thought you were going to be a regular on the Vlog... Just this past Sun., Lisa was asking me about you and I said you're in Katy, oops... haha....

    In any case, this is the life of men and women of God - going anywhere to do God's work!

    Yes, we can communicate online - hopefully, you'll still have your blog up and running because I'm not on Facebook nor Twitter for a little while.

    Beijos! God Bless!

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I thought I would be a regular on the Vlog too, but we can never plan things to ahead of time. Things can always change :)

    Say hello to Lisa for me and let her know that Mrs Evelyn is in Katy should she want to go there anytime.

    Take care!

    P.S. I will be posting things here again soon. I'm just organizing my priorities at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andreia,

    We didn't see you for Pledge Night this past Sat.

    I asked one of the ladies who lives in your neck of the woods about you and she said you hadn't made the trip. It would've been nice to have said hello.

    What a beautiful night! Dna. Alynne and Dna. Raphaela were great as hosts. Not only that, they were gorgeous too including Dna. Camilla, Dna. Evelyn as were many of the ladies who I ran into.

    Hope to see you for the next ceremony! :)

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Andreia,

    We haven't heard from you in ages.....

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should really continue your blog :) My first request would be how to turn a "sem graça" bedroom into something nice and cozy. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess I'll have to get back to it then. I've had a few requests already :)
    Didn't think it was that helpful, but since it is I'll continue.

    ReplyDelete