Friday, August 26, 2011

Something old, something new, something borrowed...

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue...
This is a saying which dates back to the Victorian era which stated that brides should wear an item representing each of these categories to bring them good luck.

When I got married, I was told to follow this tradition, but I decided to live by faith and not by luck. Faith has gotten me this far and I'm sure it will keep me and my marriage going till death do us part.

So why am I talking about this on my blog? Well, perhaps some of you may be thinking of getting married or even planning your wedding in the next few months or may know someone who is. This article is for you.

Many brides keep their wedding dresses as a memory of their special day, as did my mother. I loved getting to see what my mother wore on her wedding day and to think that maybe 20 years from now I could look at my own and remember the day, but then again I have pictures for that.

When I found out that my church needed my help to complete it's newest project here in Houston, TX I decided to step up to the plate. All emotions aside, I'm selling my dress.

It's a big project with high standards which of course comes with a price tag. $7,000,000 to be exact for the project alone. Visit Universal.org to find out more.

For this reason, I decided to sell my dress and all the funds raised will go towards the project.


I purchased it brand new from a prestigious bridal store in London, UK last year and paid $1,468 (£900) for it. It's a size 8/10 (UK), 6/8 (US). It's a Pronovias gown in Ivory with details along the front and back of the dress. The straps were added to my specifications (the dress was originally strapless) and can be worn in different ways as shown below. You can also have them removed if you prefer a strapless gown.




I am willing to sell it for a starting price of $1,000, but it's open for bids of any amount higher towards the project. The dress will be shipped in a windowed display box, professionally cleaned and preserved. The dress is free from stains, tears or defects. It was only worn once for a few hours and has been carefully stored.












If you are interested and would like to find out more, please leave your comments below. The veil, shoes and tiara are also available upon inquiry.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Andreia,

    What a great thing! I love that you're doing this to glorify the Lord Jesus!

    Your dress is beautiful and you looked gorgeous in it (I remember seeing your wedding photos).

    If I were getting married in the next few months, I'd consider buying the veil or tiara (your dress would be too small for me...).

    I hope you sell everything. God Bless you greatly in what you're doing to please Him!

    Hugs,

    LillyEV

    ReplyDelete